Friday, November 25, 2011

蔡智勇促張念群‧“勿把馬華派紅包政治化”

2011-11-23 08:39
(吉隆坡22日訊)馬華青年專才局主任拿督蔡智勇促張念群,勿企圖政治化馬華發放100令吉作為感謝黨員支持和貢獻一事,而往民聯州政府臉上貼金。

“馬華為了感謝黨員一路來與馬華風雨同路的支持和貢獻,發放樂齡黨員100令吉以及新生兒200令吉是為了聊表心意,但行動黨領袖卻不分青紅皂白,指責馬華制度化政治獻金,顯示行動黨任何事情都可以牽扯到政治陰謀,凡事都要政治化。”
他補充,馬華只限於派發給黨員,並且規定只有符合條件,即年齡超過60歲的30萬黨員才有資格獲得100令吉,是為了感謝黨員們多年的默默付出。相比檳州和雪州政府,美其名是派錢,卻定下諸多條件,譬如規定只有新選民才能獲得,顯示民聯政府才是旨在買票,而選擇性派錢的一方。
他也強調,馬華所派發的資金所動用的是黨的資源和資產。

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Spell out criteria for RM500 aid, Govt urged

Monday November 21, 2011

LABIS: The MCA Young Professionals Bureau has urged the Government to spell out clear guidelines on the criteria for the RM500 aid.

“Are those already receiving aid from the Welfare Department and retirees allowed to apply? What about odd-job workers with no fixed income?” asked its chairman Datuk Chua Tee Yong.

Under Budget 2012, the Government had announced the one-off cash assistance for households with a monthly income of RM3,000 and less.

Chua questioned whether the income of offspring would be included in the calculation of “household income” together with their parents’ salaries.

He also urged those waiting for the cash aid from the Government not to believe anyone who offered to help them apply for the funds as the application guidelines had not been issued yet.

Chua said he had received a number of complaints about people who wanted to charge a fee for helping to apply for the aid.

He hoped the cash aid exercise would be carried out throughout the year instead of people having to send in their applications within a stipulated period.

Speaking after visiting his constituency here yesterday, Chua who is also Labis MP, took a jibe at Pakatan Rakyat for criticising the Federal Government’s ability to reduce the national deficit without realising there were huge debts in its own backyard.

He said the Opposition should be aware of Budget deficit problems in states like Selangor and Penang.

The Government, he said, had to ensure a balance in reducing deficit and boosting economic growth.

“If the focus is all on reducing deficit, it may affect economic growth and this will cause a higher unemployment rate and slow down economic and business activities,” he said.

At another event, Chua said he had heard of cases where people not affected by floods in Labis had received relief payment.

Despite not being deserving cases, he said they had capitalised on the generosity of the public and the Government’s goodwill.

“I understand that the National Security Council is working with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission and police to take action against those who give false information about their situation,” he said after a flood relief presentation to 394 people from Labis, Chaah and Tenang, who were affected by floods earlier this year.
Earlier, a commotion occurred at the council hall during the distribution of flood relief when people rushed to claim the money.

-The Star-

蔡智勇:林冠英言论误导 槟6亿债务转移中央政府

Created 11/21/2011 - 18:41

蔡智勇:拿督公廟限期拆‧將要求昔縣長撤銷指示

(柔佛‧三合港2O日訊)三合港一座拿督公廟被縣議會諭令在l4天內拆除,拉美士區國會議員拿督蔡智勇表示將在近期內會見昔加末縣長,要求撤銷這指示。

被諭令拆除的廟宇位於三合港花園住宅區,縣議會指廟宇建在道路保留地,必須在指定時間內拆除,否則擁有者或管理人將被提控,可被罰款5萬令吉或監禁3年。

該廟宇理事會負責人表示,廟宇建在上述路旁地點已有5O年的歷史,如今一紙令下,必須拆除,叫人費解。

蔡智勇在縣議員等人陪同下到該神廟瞭解實況後表示,他將在近期會見昔加末縣長,要求立刻撤銷這諭令。(星洲日報/大柔佛)

                                蔡智勇詳細閱讀通告內容。(圖:星洲日報)

                  三合港花園拿督公廟被指示在14天內拆除。(圖:星洲日報)

Monday, November 21, 2011

蔡智勇:關懷貧弱情在人間‧星洲發揚人道精神

Created 11/20/2011 - 18:31


 謝念芳(中)把6萬令吉的模型支票移交給劉琦亮(左2),並由蔡智勇(左4)、鄭修強(左3)、王勁強(左)、江德華(右起)、黃國著、林金安、張思敏見證。(圖:星洲日報)


蔡智勇:星洲日報除了報道新聞,也從事社會工作,如成立星洲基金、舉辦籌款活動,發揚了情在人間的人道精神。(圖:星洲日報)

申領500援金‧蔡智勇促速公佈細節

2011-11-19 11:23
(吉隆坡19日訊)馬華青年專才局主任拿督蔡智勇促請內陸稅收局,儘快公佈供月入3000令吉或以下的家庭申領500令吉援助金的細節及程序。

他說,媒體早前報導,當局發現不法集團已開始印製造假的申請表格,準備賣給符合申請資格的民眾,然而申領500令吉援助金根本無需繳費。

“根據內陸稅收局,印製500令吉援助金的表格已經進入最後階段,當一切準備就緒後,將會發放到全國各地的稅收局。因此,我促請當局儘快釐清疑問,讓援助金可真正協助目標群。”
蔡智勇希望內陸稅收局可將資料上載至其網站、將資料分發給相關部門或舉辦講座,讓人民更清楚瞭解申請的條件及程序。

他指出,政府發放一次性的援助金是一項可減低人民負擔的良好決定,提供現金比提供津貼來得更好,以避免引起不必要的問題。

“一旦獲得完整的家庭收入資料,政府也可以重整其他津貼,以提供現金援助。”(光明日報)

Press Statement by MCA Young Professional Bureau Chairman Datuk Chua Tee Yong

MCA Young Professionals Bureau Chairman Datuk Chua Tee Yong welcomes the recent announcement whereby a deal has been reached by PLUS which is owned by UEM and EPF in regards to the toll rates for major highways.
 “I am happy that my proposal raised in Parliament in 2009 which was also brought up by MCA Ministers during Cabinet meetings, was taken into consideration,” Chua said in a statement today.
Chua said during that period, he attended a dialogue with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, where he had suggested that Khazanah or EPF should take over the highway concessionaire companies and to restructure the contracts. The Prime Minister agreed to undertake a further review.

“As such with the restructuring of toll concessionaires and the ownership, there will be NO toll rate increase until year 2015. On top of that, the government saves RM6.5 billion in compensation whereby it consists of a RM2.9 billion waiver in outstanding compensation owed by the government and an RM3.6 billion freeze on toll rate increase.”
He said this showed that the government is concerned with the impact of toll rates on the people.

 “The above announcement shows that the government is committed to reducing the burden of the people,” he added.

He said UEM andPLUS also announce to commit to spend RM 800 million yearly for routine, heavy maintenance and upgrading works, to ensure quality of the roads and facilities in the highways. This shows that nationalization is not sustainable.
“Besides that, UEM and EPF also said that toll increases will be lowered from 10 per cent every three years to five per cent at the same intervals. Based on the calculation, starting from year 2016 with a toll rate increase of 5 per cent every 3 years, the toll charges from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru (per trip) will be increased from RM 40.90 to RM 57.55 in 2036, compared with RM 79.77 in 2036 at a 10 per cent increase every 3 years.”

 “Although there was a reduction of the toll rate increase, I hope UEM and EPF will relook the rate if the financial condition of PLUS further improves. I believe that toll rate should be based on requirement but not at a fixed basis for long run. With this new arrangement, it is beneficial to EPF and EPF contributors as well.”